This is the English Version of my previous post. Thank you for Felicia Yan who has spent her time translating it.
Please help us by posting this at any media, online forums, blog, facebook/ friendster/ anything, just feel free to publish this post.
March 5th 2009 23:37
Today I and some of David’s friends in elementary – senior high school, visited David’s family at their home, to express our condolence towards the tragedy, and to seek the real truth. All of us (David’s friends and teachers) believed that he did not do any crime that the media had published. Upon our arrival, his parents and brother welcomed us, and we discussed what had happened there.
The more we try to figure out this case, the more we find various oddities which are not yet revealed by the media and government. For the sake of clarifying this, David’s best friend from NTU, Edwin, pawned his bachelor degree, trying to reveal the truth. We would like to express our gratitude toward him. Finally we would like to spread the true story about David Hartanto, our best friend.
1. Published by the Media, was that David had attacked Professor Chan Kap Luk, then initiated a suicide by slicing his wrist. Where did the news come from? What was their purpose publishing false news mentioning David had slit his own wrist?
2. When David’s family arrived in Singapore on Monday 2th March 2009, the night after the incident, The Family demanded to directly identify David’s body, however there were certain parties forbidding them, saying that it’s the procedure, so The Family tried to be cooperative even while struggling to face this utterly shocking incident.
When The Family were finally allowed to identify David’s body after waiting for 1 (one) day, they were only allowed to view David’s neck upwards, while the rest of his body part was wrapped in plastic. Their request to open the plastic and see their own son’s body was denied.
The Family found there were many plaster on his front neck (below chin), concealing 3 very long cuts. The Family had confirmed to the Singapore Police that there was no wound on his wrist.
Why were they made to wait for 1 day just to see their son’s dead body, despite being so near after having traveled so faraway?
Why was David’s body wrapped in plastic, and not allowed to be seen? Is there any such rule? Or was it just a manipulative effort to hide the truth?
Where did the wound on his neck come from? Why were there so much blood around David’s buttock? And why no media was allowed to mention this?
3. Forbidden from identifying David’s body, The Family visited the incident spot on Monday night, however when they were there, there was no blood left, nor police line, it had already been cleaned up. Only within 7 hours after incident the spot had been cleaned totally. Is there any reason why they had so vigorously cleaned up such an important investigation site? It should not be difficult to clean it Later after the Family Visit, even after the blood had dried for days or even weeks, especially on such shiny surfaces. Any housewives could clean it in less than 20 minutes.
4. Then The Family visited David’s room and they found all the computer devices were still on. Does someone who intend to commit suicide still leave his computer on? Even David’s friend who was online witnessed David’s msn account still appeared online. Does it look like David wanted to end his life? He still played online games with his friend, the one who visited David’s family with us, until 2 am at Monday morning. Someone also witnessed him online posting stuff on a gaming website that morning shortly before the incident.
5. At the Professor’s room, the family found David’s bag. Inside his bag, the family found 1.5 L mineral bottle and towel.(for those who knew David, He always brings towel to school, even sometimes he put his towel on his neck. He also always brings water because his mother always instructs him to consume much water). Does someone who wants to commit suicide bring this kind of stuff, it would be easier to bring merely a knife belonging to somebody else.
6 .David’s family had been denied a visit to Professor Chan Kap Luk, reasoning that he was still in ICU. However Professor’s condition had been stable since Tuesday and was allowed to return home on Wednesday, mentioned by Singapore media. However until today I've never heard of his statement towards this tragedy.
7. When The Family intended to meet with the witness who saw David’s suicide from 4th floor, NTU forbade, reasoning that this issue should be kept confidential. So how do we know that there is anyone who saw David’s suicide, to confirm that he did not accidentally fall or someone pushed him down?
8. Data about David and his final year project had been removed from NTU data base. Within 2 days NTU directly removed David’s data and his project. Is there any special reason behind this? Why should NTU quickly remove his data? Don’t they have any feelings, or memory to remember of their brilliant and intelligent student who won International Mathematic Olympic? It seemed like David never study in NTU.
9. The knife that had been used is from 4th hall, is that a result of investigation? Or just a mock-up excuse? One of our friends who study at NTU said usually Professor has a small knife in his office to cut fruit. The question is, does that knife belong to David or Professor Chan Kap Luk?
10. The tragedy happened at 10.45 am on Monday Singapore time. Isn't it weird, that merely a few students witnessed the incident? Is there any demand from NTU to remain silent? Any threat over grades? The parents have rights to hear first account witnesses on what they saw and heared, and not keep them waiting in the darkness for too long. The grieve itself should be enough, let alone the waiting.
11. The tool that was found to stab the Professor was a fruit knife without handle. Where is the handle? Is it possible to stab someone with a knife without handle? Who stabbed whom, is still unknown, and the handle must be found. However there isn’t any formal & specific explanation about this case.
The fraud News about David which has been reported by the media is not based on anything, below is the clarification:
1. David intended to kill his professor then committed suicide by jumping from 4th floor and in that room there were only David and Professor. David now is gone and the only witness that we have is only this Professor. How we can be convinced that his statement is true without any sufficient prove? The statement from the Professor could not be used as an excuse to blame everything on the deceased David.
2. Some Media Mentioned that David was stressed because his scholarship was terminated last month, he attacked a wrong person because of misunderstanding. Doesn't it sound weird? David was clearly aware that his scholarship will be terminated because his performance was dropping and that that’s not the professor's fault. Moreover David’s father claimed that David had told them 3 weeks ago, soon after he received message from NTU. And The Family had accepted it without problem and agreed to bear the fee, especially since it would be the last semester in NTU for David.
3. It is also mentioned that David was in a depression, due to the incapability of finishing his final project. David’s friend in NTU said that David's project was almost accomplished. He didn’t go back home to Indonesia last semester because he wanted to concentrate on his project. For those who knew David, David loved games, however one thing that we also knew he always did his duties and homework adequately, without help needed from anyone, nor cheat thru anyone's homework.
Therefore if the Media mentioned that David attacked his Professor because he was stressed he couldn’t accomplish his project, it really does not make sense.
4. Media also said that David disappeared almost one week before the incident. Nevertheless his family knew that he was concentrating on his project. The statement that David had disappeared from society due to depression and intended to attack his professor has failed to convince us and is not valid. Within that week David chatted with his brother, and also played online games with his friends. He did not look like someone in deep depression who wanted to attack his professor.
All facts that had appeared recently, already removed the false news reported by the Media:
1. David died due to a fall from 4th floor, without any wound on his wrist but with wound on his neck and buttock.
2. Professor checked out from hospital within 2 days without any clarification and picture whether he experienced any dire injury or not.
Speculations and Other Possibilities:
Did David stab his professor when he was facing computer screen? If yes, it is impossible to recover so soon within 2 days.
Is there any possibility that the professor attacked David? We don’t know, if yes, What would be his motive?
Recently the news about the professor wanting to steal David’s project is vividly talked by many people. This issue is backed up by David’s friend who mentioned the Final year project that David had almost accomplished. Is there any possibility that a Professor from a famous university in an advanced country wants to steal his own student final project?
Is it the real motive? We don’t know.
Was there any 3rd party in this incident? We don't know either.
Was David tortured before he was murdered? Was there any poison or/ and hallucination drug involved?
In conclusion, David's friends and teachers in Indonesia, even strangers who didn't know David, can not and will not accept the news without any appropriate evidence. Without these evidences we are not convinced that a brilliant, nice person like David would stab his own Professor.
It is not that we do not trust Singapore, we just demand to know the truth, nothing lesser than the only truth, very soon.
From David’s Friends and teachers: David, now there is nothing we could do besides clearing your image and revealing to the world the truth about you. Please rest in peace, we all love you so much.
Author: Klemens Andrianto
Translator: Felicia Yan
Untuk informasi terkini mengenai kasus David Hartanto, silahkan kunjungi www.davidhartanto.com